Thursday, January 15, 2009

Update from Dallas via Belton

Day 2 of Thomas not having a father figure in his life. I'm concerned that he's making the right life choices without me there, so I'm going back tomorrow. I go back and read this blog a few times a day, just to connect with Thomas and get through the day, and I've got to say, man, the author is clever. Just kidding.

Enough about me, you're probably here to hear about Thomas, sheesh. Last night was a little rough for him. His blood pressure dipped a bit, so they had turn some more knobs and now he's wearing a giant sleeve on his leg so they can check his blood pressure constantly. Basically they had to up his oxygen, which when you do that, constricts the heart a bit. This lowers the blood pressure. They prescribed small amount of dopamine and adjusted the oxygen a bit. They had to increase his oxygen in the first place, because his right lung was partially collapsed, but the treatment has worked and the lung is healing.

So today Rebecca and her mom went up to see Thomas and take a bunch of pics to send to me (which I will post when I get back to Dallas). Thomas was exceedingly active. They had the lid of the isolet up, so mom, Me Ann and Thomas were able to be very close together. He was stretching and kicking and opening his eyes wide. He even seemed to be reacting to the voices of Rebecca and her mom, looking at each person as they spoke. I understand there's some really cool video as well. I will review the cinematography, lighting and editing to determine if its worthy of posting or should be sent straight to Sundance.

Rebecca and her mom are visiting again tonight, so I'll update if anything else exciting happens.

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca and Mike
    Wow! That's all I can say..Wow! To Thomas and you guys..the prayers keep rolling in and may the Holy Spirit give you all lots of stamina and grace. Great news that the second brain scan was negative..wonderful news. Betty and Ernie are coming by today at 2 so we'll get the paternal grandparents proud telling of this little guy's life. Love Laurie and Steve

    ReplyDelete