Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Doh!

Well we were walking out the door for surgery and the doc called and said no go. Its another one of those things that could be really good, or just par for the course. The doctor was testing him and the results came back that suggests one of two things: he's either got an infection or his white blood cell count is up. The latter is a very good sign, because that means he's producing white blood cells on his own. The former is nothing serious, other than they would prefer not to operate while he has an infection. They've started antibiotics just in case and we'll try again in a couple days.

I'm sitting in the waiting room while mom and mom's mom (I believe she would like Thomas to call her MeAnn) are hanging with him. If anything else changes, I'll let you know.

4 comments:

  1. Got word about Thomas' birth earlier in the week, but didn't know about the blog until today. I was shocked at how great he looks. His coloring is wonderful!!! When he's 6'2", 200lbs, and playing high school football, y'all will look back on this and laugh about how teeny he used to be. Take care and I'll keep up on his progress via this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you and can't wait to see you Friday.
    Love, Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you and I miss you already. We will see you again next week! Can't wait for Nana and Papa to see you.

    Love, MeAnn & G-Dad (we have to give Jim a name!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elliot,
    I was just sent this and I'm so excited for you. I know the next few months will be challenging, but Thomas will thrive with all the love that surrounds him. I look forward to reading his progress and I'll keep him in my daily prayers.
    molly berry

    ReplyDelete