Monday, January 12, 2009

Separated at Birth

Sorry for not updating yesterday. We had some internet issues that sucked up most of my evening, but allowed me to spend quality time with people in other countries. I'll make this one long and wordy.


We visited Thomas yesterday with my parents before they had to head back home. Nana and Papa had a wonderful time visiting Thomas, and we had a wonderful time making them do things around the house.

They are still waiting on the surgery. He's having a little trouble with his digestive system, which is very typical for someone his size. They say that it takes a couple weeks to get on track, but they are watching him and may run some tests to make sure things are progressing. So maybe later this week on the surgery.

We saw him yawn yesterday and he very politely reached up and covered his mouth. Then, just to show off, he tied a perfect windsor knot.

Oh, the nurse also said that Thomas weighs 1 pound, 1 ounce. That's great, because typically babies lose weight, which Thomas did, but he appears to be gaining it back. This also breaks the tie with the rocks and feathers.


(Second Entry in the Thomas Elliot joke series follows)


Separated at birth...



Some may have noticed the resemblance between Thomas (on the left) and Benjamin Button (on the right). Judge for yourself, but if I extrapolate scientifically, I'm pretty sure this is irrefutable proof that Thomas will one day look like Brad Pitt.


You can't dispute science.

No truth to the rumor that Angelina approached us about adoption...

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thomas's materal grandmother is my daughter's teacher, and we just adore her. I just wanted you to know that we are praying for all of you daily, particularly for Thomas to continue improving and to grow, grow, grow! May God continue to bless your sweet family on this journey! He is beautiful. Dee-Dee Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear about the weight gain. Also that he is going to be a handsome sex simble. much like his grand uncle wil, who lists toward Harrison Ford. With no ego problem of cours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy said that I should go back and read from the beginning...I'm glad I did, you're killing me Uncle Mike :) I'm so happy to see that your Thomas is getting stronger everyday. I can't wait to see him running around the beach with his cousins (I'm sure you and Rebecca can second that). Ted and I will keep your family in our prayers. Best of everything, Jen (Nanny Extraordinnaire)

    ReplyDelete