Thursday, January 29, 2009

FREEDOM!

Well a late night visit revealed a little boy who was overjoyed to be free of his shackles, as you can see below. Either that or one of the other babies started the wave in the NICU and Thomas just wanted to fit in. They've removed all of the IVs and PAL from his limbs and he is MUCH happier.


















The next thing we learned was that Thomas is not the biggest fan of Kangaroo Care at 11:30 at night. This was my first time to try it, and Thomas' second, and it took most of the hour to really get him comfortable. He spent a great deal of time doing push ups off my chest. On the bright side, I'm pretty sure he can bench at least twice his body weight.


















It was still very cool, but we were both tired. Once Thomas was placed back in his isolet, he'd had enough of being moved around and told the nurse no mas (below). I am uploading the videos, along with the video of Rebecca and Thomas from Monday. I will update this post with the links. A bunch of new photos have been uploaded to the gallery on the left. Its 1:30 am and I'm tired. Say goodnight Gracie.

5 comments:

  1. Thomas is so little!! He doesn't look as small when Rebecca is holding him. But what a DOLL!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been following all the blogs and want to let you all know that we are thinking of sweet little Thomas and his great parents daily, and keeping y'all in our prayers. He looks really good! Love the photo with the arms up like - YAY! love, Katy & Brandon Bazzell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear THomas,
    You look great with your dad. Shows how big his hands are. We love you all. Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So glad that Mr. T got all that gear off. I love the pic of he and Mike. Maybe I missed something, or am just ignorant, but what is "Kangaroo Care"? I don't get it.

    Aunt Leela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca, You stay on my mind and I've not said anything to you all yet. Thomas is such a little champ :) My boys (another Thomas and John David) and I have been watching Thomas's grow (which is also why I can't comment; it's impossible to type with two two-year-old assistants). They were NICU babies, as well, and the sights and sounds are all too familiar. You'll not forget all the wonderful people working to take care of him - priceless. My FAVORITE pic so far is the freedom photo. We have countless pictures JUST like that, and it made me laugh. We're adding "dat other Thomas" to our prayers and asking for a strong, healthy little boy. Lots and lots of love, Jennifer (Northcutt)

    ReplyDelete