Sunday, April 26, 2009

So many titles...

I had several ideas for a theme for today's blog, so I will do 3 mini ones.

Blog #1: FREEDOM

Thomas made a huge step today, he got extubated and spent maybe an hour on nasal canula before going to absolutely nothing. He is free as can be and sitting pretty. Hopefully you can see the video above. Thomas is exceptionally happy about only having one tube in his mouth. The one tube that is left is a replogle tube. It sucks stuff out of Thomas' stomach, while he recovers from his surgery. They are not feeding Thomas yet. He's getting the basic nutrients and minerals intravenously. Hopefully this week, they will reintroduce formula and then hopefully milk.

Blog #2: Peeping Tom('s parents)

Rebecca and I learned the ugly truth about ourselves last night. We're NICU peepers. I think I've described how tight the quarters are in the NICU, and how its tough not to hear what's going on at the next bed. But last night, we both realized we had a problem. It was very late, we'd done all the staring that we could at Thomas, we needed to go home and get some rest. Ah, but there was activity afoot. They were preparing for a new admit and so there Rebecca and I both stood, stalling, waiting to see the new baby show up. A ring side seat. Unfortunately something happened and things got delayed, so we had to go home. No show.

Blog #3: Smells like cinnamon

Rebecca thinks Thomas smells like cinnamon. That was her revelation today. I couldn't confirm this and found it a little weird.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us all updated with your wonderful blogs. I look forward each day to seeing if you have posted. Thomas, as well as you and Rebecca continue to be in our prayers. We are friends of your Mom and Dad's from church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Thomas! Yay Thomas' PARENTS!! (and of course everyone connected) :) love y'all!!! sb I'm sorry I have to keep signing on as anonymous, it feels so shady but I am computer (thus blog) illiterate. :) thanks for bearing with, luv sb

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!!! Great video! Precious, Beautiful baby! So sweet seeing him smiling at you, Rebecca! :) God is so good :)
    love, kathryn & all the family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas, You look wonderful!!. We can't wait to see you THursday. Love, Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the wonderful video of Thomas. I know you are all excited that he is doing so well. So am I. My friends, family and I are praying for you all. I can't wail to see (and hold) little Thomas. See you at Leigh's wedding.

    Love,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thomas has done awesome. I know you are so excited to have him reach so many milestones. The power of prayer is awesome! I will continue to pray for you and little Thomas.
    Shayne Bryan

    ReplyDelete