Sunday, May 10, 2009

First Mother's Day!

Another crazy week, started out slow while I was out of town Tuesday thru Thursday (not much to write about), but just non-stop since then. Friday was all about getting ready for and executing the hand print party, Saturday, Rebecca's parents came into town and we spent the day with grandparent quality time for Thomas and Nursery prep. Today was Rebecca's first mother's day and I did all of the things you're supposed to do as a husband and father; I slept in, watched golf and basketball and then went drinking with the guys.

Thomas has made amazing strides in the last 3 days. He drank 50 ccs from the bottle the last 4 times today. So he's taking from the bottle more than from the feeding tube. He's completely off TPNs and Lipids and they've removed the central line from his chest. They're also only monitoring his breathing and heart beat now, and there is talk of moving off of all monitoring (still something we're a little uneasy about, but they know best).

So clearly all of this is leading to something, I just can't place my finger on what it could be. Well hopefully they will give me a hint when we go to our discharge class tomorrow (I think that will give me some decent material for a blog, but we'll see).

It is late, so I will make up for this abbreviated blog, and the lack of updates, with many forced jokes and run on sentences tomorrow. Until then, here's a video of Thomas staring intently at the camera, or is he looking into your soul?

Happy Mother's Day, to Rebecca, my mom, Rebecca's mom, my sister, Jennifer, Aunt Susan, Dede, Cynthia, Leigh Ann, Pat...and every other mother who might be reading this.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Mother's Day to Rebecca! Thomas is as handsome as ever. I am so excited for you guys that he is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Mother's Day, Mrs. Elliot!

    ReplyDelete