Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quick Note

I hate to have to write about this, and feel somewhat guilty since I brought this up in the first place and got people emotionally involved. Last night, the doctors and Marco's family made the decision to turn off Marco's ventilator. Rebecca found out today when she asked about him. I can't imagine how tough that was and we are both deeply sorry for Tasha and Marco Sr.

My guess is Marco just had too many things to overcome and quality of life became too big of a factor. I was afraid of this possibility, based on the body language we saw Sunday night. Its easier to ignore facts and hope for a miracle, but sometimes that's just not how it works out or how its supposed to be. I know it has reinforced for Rebecca and I how lucky we are with Thomas and how fragile things can be. I don't want to get too sappy or corny, but please take a second to appreciate those that are close to you and keep perspective on what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment