Sunday, February 22, 2009

Noone ever asks about my soccer career anymore

Rebecca and I have returned from an entertaining and happy weekend. As you might remember, we traveled to Shreveport to carry Rebecca's sister around on our shoulders while the throngs of people approached her and shouted Huzzah! Its an odd Louisiana tradition for women about to get married...at least that's what the Elgin women claim. I could not find anything to corroborate their story on Wikkipedia.

Anyway, it was a very happy occasion. As Rebecca and I made our way through the party, it occurred to me that I am no longer anything more than a publicist for Thomas. My own personal exploits and triumphs have little weight in this new world. Its all Thomas, all the time. I'm actually quite fine with that, Thomas is pretty much all I focus on (everything left over goes toward Rebecca (bonus points)) and I don't particularly care to be the center of attention anyway (unlike Leigh). So where normally I could move through a room full of people in a nifty 15 seconds on my way to the food or the bar, last night, every face lit up with recognition and every person engaged me in Thomas talk.

I think it will be amusing in the years to come, as Thomas starts making his rounds and can speak and add value, how he will handle all of these people that will know an amazing amount about him and want to pick him up and hold him.

Thank you again to all of you who asked about Thomas. Rebecca and I love and still are indebted to all of you that follow the blog and pray for Thomas.

Thomas is still doing very well. Nana and Papa looked after him all weekend and he's just hanging out, being 2 pounds and just chilling.

Friday, before Rebecca and I skipped town, we made one last visit to the NICU and had the good fortune to meet Marco's mother. It turns out Marco is a junior, his parents are Marco and Tasha. We spoke to Tasha for a good half hour. Tasha had high blood pressure, so they had to go after Marco early to protect both of them. Marco does seem to be going on a similar path to Thomas. He kicks alot and moves around just like Thomas did. Tasha seems a little overwhelmed, so hopefully we gave her some reassurance and hope for Marco. Its very early for him, but I think things are ok so far. He made it through his surgeries well, so we will continue to pray for him and hopefully will run into his parents from time to time to keep ourselves and you up to date.

We're about to head up there again, so if there's anything new, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment