Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tag Team

We're trying to get a rhythm going. We were doing a great job of taking turns on the 3 hour feedings, which gave each of us about 5 hours to rest, until Thomas decided he would stay up from 2 am to around 6. Threw things off, but he and I hung out and watched part of the movie the Love Guru with Mike Myers. It may have been that it was 4 in the morning and I was only half watching and half entertaining Thomas, but I think critics may have gotten this one wrong. Not that bad...

He's doing really great on his feedings, sucking down most bottles in 20 minutes or less. So as far as that goes, he's great. His ulcer is the only thing we're really worried about. It appears to be getting a little worse and bleeds occasionally. Thomas seems mostly unaffected by it. Thomas' pediatrician wants a plastic surgeon to look at it, so we'll see.

There's one thing that I'm already having difficulty with. Its the home confinement. The sleep patterns and late night feedings are no big deal. I'm an outdoors guy and extended periods indoors while there are things to be done outside, like soccer and riding bikes and volleyball drives me crazy. Even mowing the lawn looks good. I'm looking forward to when Thomas can go outside and chase after me. Many advetures await..along with some scrapes and bruises, but I'm sure Thomas will take care of me.




2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you guys have little Thomas at home, and that it is going so great! He is such a cutie pie (love all the new pics - keep 'em coming!) and is really growing! Glad all is well, and thank you for the updates...I love reading the blog, even though I don't always get a chance to "comment"! Keep up all the hard work, and welcome to the world of interrupted sleep, meals, and random late night info-mercials during feedings (try not to order anything in a lack-of-sleep weak moment...you'll regret it later, ha ha!) love, Jennifer DeFatta

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy all three of you are doing great. Nice to see him and Rebecca in the picture. Loved reading the blogs.
    Keep us posted.
    All the best,

    Lindita

    ReplyDelete